What Are You Doing to Conserve Energy?
Most of us want to conserve on our energy for a couple of good reasons: 1) To save on our energy bills. 2) To save on our natural resources.
When you combine these two reasons, you have a pretty compelling argument for why everyone should become “eco-aware”. It will benefit us, benefit our environment and benefit future generations.
We all know some of the basic energy saving strategies, turn off the lights, lower the temperature in our homes, turn off computers and other devices rather than let them go into sleep mode and turn the temperature down on our water heaters.
Other ideas you may not have thought about
- Using the correct size pan on the stove burners will actually save money, whether you use gas or electric.
- Buy rechargeable batteries, then buy a battery charger.
- Leave the lights off and open your curtains
- Use an energy efficient showerhead, it will save money, water and the energy to heat the water, and you’ll still get clean.
- Do laundry only when you have a full load.
- Showers are more efficient than baths if you limit your time to 5 minutes.
- If you hand wash your dishes, turn the hot water off between rinses.
- If you have a hot tub, keeping its temperature at 102° will save on energy, it won’t have to use as energy much as when it’s heating from a lower temperature.
- Save money and energy when you use your dishwasher by selecting the air dry setting, and like your laundry, only wash full loads.
- Repair any plumbing leaks.
- Use LED lights for holiday lighting.
- Change your furnace filters regularly.
- Keep the damper on your fireplace closed when not in use.
- When its time for a new appliance, large or small, buy energy efficient.
- Clean your dryer’s lint filter after each load.
A lot of small things…
Many of these tips are just little things you can do, but little things add up, and then you’ll see big savings.
At MasterCraft Roofing, we believe in energy efficiency, recycling and we use GAF sustainable materials